Nail stamping: what is it and how to do it?
Nail stamping is one of the latest fashionable nail art techniques. In this blog, your expert nail supplier Maryton will explain what the nail stamping technique consists of and how to do it at home.
Nail stamping: what is it?
Nail stamping is a manicure technique that consists of decorating the nail using engraved metal plates to imprint designs or patterns on the nails. These patterns are varied: they can be flowers, dots, geometric patterns, abstract patterns, stripes, etc. It can be done on the fingernails or toenails.
The principle of nail stamping is indeed quite simple: all you have to do is take a stainless steel plate, on which the pattern you want to print on the nail is engraved, and transfer the pattern onto the nail using a specific rubber or silicone pad.
How to do nail art with the nail stamping technique?
To perform nail stamping, start by placing the engraved plate on a small towel next to you, and the stamp and squeegee nearby. Then follow these steps:
- Apply a coat of base coat on your nails, then, once the coat is dry, apply two coats of varnish on top.
- Apply the varnish to the plate and remove the excess using the squeegee. Then quickly press the stamp on the plate, then on your nail, to reproduce the design.
- Repeat with all your nails, cleaning the etched plate between each nail.
- Once the operation is complete, clean the outline of your nails with a cotton pad soaked in solvent.
- Finally apply a layer of top coat to finalize the nail art.
We hope you liked this article and that it will inspire you for future. In addition to these, I advise you to invest in a complete manicure set! To help you in your choice, I invite you to visit our website.
Read also: How to treat ridged nails?